THEMIS makes data available from 106 GMAG stations in the Northern United States, Canada, Denmark, Greenland, Norway, Sweden, Iceland, and Russia, and two stations in Antarctica.
- *new* GMAG daily Availability, Map and information
- Station names and data inventory (by year, pdf file).
- Detailed station data inventory (by month, 2007-2012, pdf file).
- Station contacts on the data description page.
- Detailed station information and location spreadsheet (pdf file).
- Instrument status updates are available here.
- GMAG Level 2 Data Processing History
Ten of these systems are installed with the Ground-Based Observatory (GBO) systems for THEMIS. Twelve are installed in schools and are part of the THEMIS Education and Public Outreach (E/PO) program. These magnetometers, known as the E/PO magnetometers, are the exact same type of magnetometer as those built for the GBOs. The THEMIS GMAGs measure the magnetic field with 0.01 nT resolution at 2 samples/second.
In addition to the THEMIS GMAGs mentioned above, data is available from magnetometers in the CARISMA (University of Alberta), MACCS (Augsburg College), AUTUMN/AUTUMNX (Athabasca University),GIMA (University of Alaska), TGO (Tromsø Geophysical Observatory), DTU (Technical University of Denmark), and STEP (University of Tokyo) networks. Some data is also available from US Geological Survey, Geological Survey of Canada, SGU (Sweden), the Leirvogur Magnetic Observatory in Iceland, the Arctic and Antarctic Research Institute (AARI) in Russia, and PENGUIn (Antarctic) magnetometers. Please see the Data Policy and Credits for information on using the data from these networks.
University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)
C. T. Russell (UCLA)
Would you like to see: